Saturday, May 13, 2006

Reflective Post

Indeed, I am appreciated with the outcomes of the blogging exercise, as we all have a chance to actively participant in the online discussion. Sometimes, we do not have enough time to discuss all the issues during the tutorial class, the blog provides a platform for us to discuss. Besides, it allows us to learn more about blog since some of us have never keep their own blog before. And it allows us to practice what we've learn from the course.

Throughout the course, the topic I found most interesting is cyborg, which means a hybrid of machine and organism. In this era, I think most of us are cyborg as we rely so much on the technologies on a daily basis. And Donna Haraway points out that the boundaries between human and animal, organism and machine, physical and non-physical will breakdown. And people can freely construct themselves. According to the definition, it seems that I have to admit myself as a cyborg.

However, I want to point out some questions here. How can a poor spend so much on technologies? Do you think the women in developing countries have equal opportunity to access the new technologies as us? Moreover, it seems that the new technologies is kind of male’s patent. How often do you see a female holding a PDA on the street? (I do not mean there are none, but male seems to be more enthusiastic with the new technologies) Thus, I wonder if it is too idealistic to say cyborg allows us to create ourselves.

Overall, I am satisfied with the course.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger ReN said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home